rainbows are gay.
I have nothing against homosexuality, I'm sure all of my readers know this. However, I do have issues with people who flaunt their bedroom practices around town. I don't dig the whole rainbow thing at all.
But, to be fair I don't dig any form of ideological ostentation. Large crosses, rainbows, et al. I'm glad you're "XYZ" but don't shove it in my face.
I don't know why gay people feel the need to act so weird, and of course, this isn't all gay people. But there are a large number of gay people who have this urge to wear clothes that just draw attention to themselves in a negative manner.
I was browsing on myspace and they had this whole "i support" gay marriage profile. The profile consisted of dozens of gay banners that were beyond tacky. And it didn't make me want to support gay marriage. It made me want to stab them. I think the average citizen could care less about gay marriage, just like any other issue they want to be left the fuck alone.
But, to be fair I don't dig any form of ideological ostentation. Large crosses, rainbows, et al. I'm glad you're "XYZ" but don't shove it in my face.
I don't know why gay people feel the need to act so weird, and of course, this isn't all gay people. But there are a large number of gay people who have this urge to wear clothes that just draw attention to themselves in a negative manner.
I was browsing on myspace and they had this whole "i support" gay marriage profile. The profile consisted of dozens of gay banners that were beyond tacky. And it didn't make me want to support gay marriage. It made me want to stab them. I think the average citizen could care less about gay marriage, just like any other issue they want to be left the fuck alone.





7 Comments:
while your discretion on the subject is compeltely understandable you should keep in mind that it is such websites that catch people's attention, and perhaps make it easier for some people to deal with something that is considered so taboo. The more something is aknowlegded, the less of a big deal it becomes. Making the statement... "I am gay" is not too much different than saying "I am Christian" or "I am black" or "I am female". There are times where identity gets in the way, and it is hard, as you and I and everyone else in this world knows, that sometimes you just want to see something to remind you that you are not alone.
Mariah
You make a point. It is nice to know that we are not alone in the world. But we don't have to ostentatious.
additional point- I think that something like my Jewish star or a small cross on someone's neck is a good example.
but what is the "gay" or "bi" equivilent?
I don't know. It's definitely a tough issue, I suppose that I wouldn't mind if someone had a small rainbow on jewelry or whatever, but I think it should be done tastefully, y'know?
but myspace is the very definition of "tasteless". That sight is like a store for choosing a banner to put in your blog. make sure to keep it in cotext. is the banner in my blog tacky?
The banner in your blog is not tacky at all. I liked it quite a bit actually. I was surprised at the tackiness of the others though. You've always had good taste.
Post a Comment
<< Home