Tuesday, April 12, 2005

(Thinking of You) I Drive Myself Crazy

I feel like my life is a series of adventures where I fuck shit up. Wow, I write the most depressing entries. I don't know what to do anymore. I thought that talking to her would help things, but it didn't. If she needs time then she can have all the time she wants. If she wants to see other people then she should go ahead. It reminds me of the Alanis Morrissette song I gave her:

I'll give you countless amounts of outright acceptance if you want it
I will give you encouragement to choose a path that you want if you need it
you can speak of anger and doubts, your fears and freak outs and I'll hold it
you can share your so-called sheen filled accounts of times in your life and I won't judge it
(and there are no strings attached)

you owe me nothing for giving the love that I give you
you owe me nothing for caring the way that I have
I give you thanks for receiving , it's my privilege
and you owe me nothing in return

you can ask for space for yourself, and only yourself and I'll grant it
you can ask for freedom as well, or time to travel and you'll have it
you can ask to live by yourself ,or love someone else and I'll support it
you can ask for anything you want, anything at all and I'll understand it
(and there are no strings attached)

I bet you're wondering when the next payback shoot will eventually drop
I bet you're wondering when my conditional police will force you to cough up
I bet you're wondering how far you have lived in set, you're way back into debt
this is the only kind of love, as I understand it, that there really is

You can't express your deepest of truths even if it means I'll lose you and i'll hear it
You can fall into the abyss on your way to your bliss. I'll emphathize with
You can say that you have to skip town to chase down your passion, and I'll hear it
You can even hit rock bottom, have a mid-life crisis and I'll hold it
(and there are no strings attached)

Or maybe the Rilo Kiley song "Rest of My Life"
There are worst ways for a guy to spend his time
Than to sit and think of you
I think I'd marry you
Just your smile leaves me satisfied
Though you're not mine

So for the rest of my life
I'm gonna search for someone just like you

And we'd tend the garden all day long
Watching history unfold
And I'd be enough
And you'd be enough
And we'd grow old

So for the rest of my life
I'm gonna search for someone just like you

I am also listening to Rilo Kiley's "Go Ahead"

f you want to find yourself by travelling out west
Or if you want to find somebody else that's better
Go ahead

If you want to buy a brand new fancy automobile
Or if you want to build a place up in Coldwater Canyon
Go ahead
I wish you would
Go ahead

If you want to hold your own hand going up that cliff
Or if you want to just hold back cause you ain't up to it
Go ahead
Be my guest
Go ahead

If you want to hold on to the first girl that you meet
Or if you want to settle down and plant roses at my feet
Go ahead
I wish you would
Go ahead

If you want to have your cake and eat it too
Or if you want to have other people watch you while you eat it
Go ahead

If you want better things, I want you to have them
If you want better things, I want you to have them
Go ahead
I wish you would
Go ahead

These songs are playing in my head non-stop.