Excerpt From Lance Armstrong's Book:
People die. That truth is so disheartening that at times I can't bear to articulate it. Why should we go on, you might ask? Why Don't we all just stop and lie down where we are? But there is another truth, too. People live. It's an equal and opposing truth. People live, and in the most remarkable ways.
It's weird to have my friends die. It's weird to have my friends' friends die. It's not going to get easier for us, only more for familiar. It's odd to me. As we grow we're going to lose more friends. But, on the other hand we are going to make new friends. Most of the people reading this, I assume it's just Hannah and me, are growing up right now. In ten years we will look back on our lives and we may still be friends, and maybe not. But, we'll have new friends and we'll grow as people. It's weird that we grow up. I have been watching "Hook" a lot these past few days. I miss being a child, but at the same time I don't. I don't want to grow up and yet I do. I have this amazing future right in front of me. And, I was thinking about it, I can wait a long time to wait and start my future, but I'd rather do it today. I want to get my life in order now and I want to get going on the right path. I think that's why I am so interested in Northwestern. Sarah Lawrence will allow me to fuck around for another three years and it won't be good for me. I know me. I know that I will probably do a lot of drugs if I stay here. I won't turn into the person I want to end up as. I can't tell my parents this, because I can barely tell them anything. But, I need to grow as a person, and SLC is not going to help me do that. Yeah, that's all for now. I didn't mean for this entry to be so depressing.
It's weird to have my friends die. It's weird to have my friends' friends die. It's not going to get easier for us, only more for familiar. It's odd to me. As we grow we're going to lose more friends. But, on the other hand we are going to make new friends. Most of the people reading this, I assume it's just Hannah and me, are growing up right now. In ten years we will look back on our lives and we may still be friends, and maybe not. But, we'll have new friends and we'll grow as people. It's weird that we grow up. I have been watching "Hook" a lot these past few days. I miss being a child, but at the same time I don't. I don't want to grow up and yet I do. I have this amazing future right in front of me. And, I was thinking about it, I can wait a long time to wait and start my future, but I'd rather do it today. I want to get my life in order now and I want to get going on the right path. I think that's why I am so interested in Northwestern. Sarah Lawrence will allow me to fuck around for another three years and it won't be good for me. I know me. I know that I will probably do a lot of drugs if I stay here. I won't turn into the person I want to end up as. I can't tell my parents this, because I can barely tell them anything. But, I need to grow as a person, and SLC is not going to help me do that. Yeah, that's all for now. I didn't mean for this entry to be so depressing.





<< Home