Lost In Time, Lets Rewind
I have been reading the Godfather. The book has been really interesting and has definitely added a new perspective to my point of view. That seems odd, but the Godfather is a smart man. He recognizes the importance of a good friendship and that a friend is one of the most important things you need in this life. Sometimes being a friend is not always the easiest. But what kind of people would we be if we took the good and never the bad? We would never really know the joys of friendship. It's very easy to have someone stick with us through the good times, but a friend who stays with us at our lowest times is a true gift. A blessing. Sometimes when we need our friends the most they turn their backs on us and sometimes when we want our friends the least they need us the most. It is our responsibility as friends to be loyal. It's an easy concept to acknowledge. But loyalty is not easy. Loyalty is another thing in the Godfather now that I think of it. How far does loyalty go? To the grave? or just until a better offer comes along? I try to be a loyal friend, and sometime it is hard. It's not always easy to be loyal and it's not always easy to be there for someone. And that brings up a question, why do it? Why set ourselves up to be hurt? Because it's worth it.
Friendships can be so many different things. People can be so close they consider one another closer than family. Some friendships are nothing more than drinking buddies. I have some amazing friendships. I would never trade them for the world. The people who do the best in this world are the ones who have loyal friends. My own father is a lot like the Godfather in a sense. They are both wise and have a good sense of justice. My father, like the Godfather, treats people with respect and gives favors knowing that he can someday ask for one in return. I wish to be like my father when I become an adult. I want to have the same wisdom that he does, and maybe that's only gained with time and age, but I am willing to wait for it.
This has been a long post, and the thoughts that are in my mind are not meant for any journal. They aren't negative thoughts or hurting. Just thoughts that have no place in the form of written words. And there is a strong difference.
Friendships can be so many different things. People can be so close they consider one another closer than family. Some friendships are nothing more than drinking buddies. I have some amazing friendships. I would never trade them for the world. The people who do the best in this world are the ones who have loyal friends. My own father is a lot like the Godfather in a sense. They are both wise and have a good sense of justice. My father, like the Godfather, treats people with respect and gives favors knowing that he can someday ask for one in return. I wish to be like my father when I become an adult. I want to have the same wisdom that he does, and maybe that's only gained with time and age, but I am willing to wait for it.
This has been a long post, and the thoughts that are in my mind are not meant for any journal. They aren't negative thoughts or hurting. Just thoughts that have no place in the form of written words. And there is a strong difference.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home