Sorority Life: IU edition
Yes, ladies and gentleman, I your beloved Ripsy or McPP depending on who you are have joined a sorority. Meet the latest edition to Alpha Delta Pi!
I didn't think it would happen either, but oddly enough I am really excited for this.
Pressure is a weird thing. And, I hate that the things I want to say to show someone my affection for them only makes them feel bad. How can love be such a blessing and such a curse? I keep thinking that maybe radio silence is the way to go, but I can't stand that and I'm told that neither can she. What to do, what to do. Hopefully, my new sisters will provide me with a distraction.
Happiness, if we fake it long enough we become it, right? So, does that apply to everything? Maybe so... ::sigh::. Sometimes we have to do things for others. Sometimes we have to do things for ourselves. I hate being this way. Gah. I hate having my calls ignored especially when I really need someone to talk to and advise me, even if that person is upset too. I really want to talk to her, and I want it to be on my fucking terms for five minutes.
I feel like there are so many times when everything is on everyone else's terms and right now I want things to be on mine. I don't want everyone else to hold the cards. When is it my fucking turn? I really try to be understanding and patient, but this is the point in my mood when all I want is someone to call me and just wanted to ask how my day was. This isn't regarding anyone in particular, it honestly isn't. It's just a general thing. As an acquaintance of mine once said, "remember to assert your dominance."
Alas, life is not always what we want it to be all the time. I am excited for sorority life. I am excited to belong to something greater than just me. I am excited for friends. I am excited for life. I am excited in general. And yet, I'm sad. Isn't life odd?
I didn't think it would happen either, but oddly enough I am really excited for this.
Pressure is a weird thing. And, I hate that the things I want to say to show someone my affection for them only makes them feel bad. How can love be such a blessing and such a curse? I keep thinking that maybe radio silence is the way to go, but I can't stand that and I'm told that neither can she. What to do, what to do. Hopefully, my new sisters will provide me with a distraction.
Happiness, if we fake it long enough we become it, right? So, does that apply to everything? Maybe so... ::sigh::. Sometimes we have to do things for others. Sometimes we have to do things for ourselves. I hate being this way. Gah. I hate having my calls ignored especially when I really need someone to talk to and advise me, even if that person is upset too. I really want to talk to her, and I want it to be on my fucking terms for five minutes.
I feel like there are so many times when everything is on everyone else's terms and right now I want things to be on mine. I don't want everyone else to hold the cards. When is it my fucking turn? I really try to be understanding and patient, but this is the point in my mood when all I want is someone to call me and just wanted to ask how my day was. This isn't regarding anyone in particular, it honestly isn't. It's just a general thing. As an acquaintance of mine once said, "remember to assert your dominance."
Alas, life is not always what we want it to be all the time. I am excited for sorority life. I am excited to belong to something greater than just me. I am excited for friends. I am excited for life. I am excited in general. And yet, I'm sad. Isn't life odd?





7 Comments:
speaking of wanting it on your terms, doesn't it suck when you give and give but don't get much back? There are a dearth of comments to well-thought posts you've done recently and then the ones you get are from some lunk-head who wants to spam you.
I thought one of my posts/music critiques was funny but no one seems to laugh.
Ripsy, does everybody else have better things to do then read some decent posts??
By the way, your welcome to e-mail if you want.
Hah! McPP joined a sorority! That's awesome!
Oh and Vince: yes, everybody else has better things to do. You should try it, instead of trying to get college girls to talk to you.
As far as talking to people, I figure it's best to "aim high". Still, I wouldn't be too smug about you choose to NOT talk to.
That didn't make sense. If you meant to say something scathing about how you don't try to talk to ME, I would like to direct you to a comment where you not only tried to talk to SC and I and get us to visit your blog, you wanted to see us naked. I guess you're still bitter that I shot you down.
This is the link to the comment, btw: http://stupidcuntgranny.blogspot.com/2005/08/pimp-ho-granny.html
2 things: When I said, "Still, I wouldn't be too smug about you choose to NOT talk to" should read
"I wouldn't be too smug about WHO you choose not to talk to"
2ndly: Here's the funny part. You're taking what I said seriously back in your blog, but 90% of blog sounds humorous and off handed. Yet get pissed out of shape now about my remark. Nothing like holding people to different standards.
Post a Comment
<< Home