Sunday, July 31, 2005

Or as I like to call them opportunitystakes.

I went to the Borders on 57th and Park in Manhattan today with my mother. I being the magazine fiend that I am made a beeline to the magazine section. In order to get to said section I had to take the escalator. There was a girl carrying a dog and her bizarre mother. The mother turns around and looks at me. She smiles and then says, "My dog has the same shirt that you do."
I smile uneasily and respond "oh?"
"Yes, and I say this because I saw your shirt and loved the color, then I realized that you two had the same shirt. You remind me of my dog."
Then I just looked ahead and let my soul die.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen Johnson said...

that is so mean! if you remind me of anything, it'd be a CAT

3:03 PM  
Blogger Ripsy said...

Haha.

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know. When I see Ripsy, I see an angry beaver.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Ripsy said...

Hardy har har

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home