Thursday, October 13, 2005

Funny thing I read tonight

This is for all of those people of all political stripes who are sick of the angry rhetoric (that is at best immature and at worst downright insane) of Bush-haters who have long threatened (or rather, promised us saner Americans) that they would move to Canada if George W. Bush won a second term.

Well, he won, and you're still here.

We're sick of your crap, and encourage any and all who put partisan hatred before country to follow in the proud tradition of British Loyalists, draft dodgers, and Michael Moore, and move to Canada, so we can have meaningful debate and rational criticism of the President rather than allegories of the President to Hitler that only serve to make fruitful political discourse impossible and further degrade our democracy.

So hurry up and move to Canada (or some other foreign country), already. With any luck, we won't have to see you again until you need access to a functional healthcare system.

7 Comments:

Blogger Qualityservice44 said...

Ripsy,
The problem with your post is that your a caricaturing what you hear radicals or a few Democrats say.

I am a Democrat, and I do love my country and never thought once about going to Canada. The problem is that Bush is driven up the budget deficit by ruling out raising taxes (as does his Republican ilk), he has not made this country safe enough by failing to organize or prepare for disasters.

Like Reagan before him he puts too much money into the Pentagon at the expense of the working class and the lower middle class.
Guess what? Clinton was president during the nation's longest prosperity EVER. You can talk all you want about Monica but the prosperity and the good times enjoyed by our nation during the 90s drowns out all that silly talk.
I won't leave and many Democrats won't leave because Bush has the nation's priorities screwed up. You will deal w/ the Democrats for the rest of your life. & you have the same enthusiasm with dealing with us as I do about dealing with the Republicans.
Face it, Ripsy, you a product of your Red State, Nebraska. & what about the Republican's strident attacks against those favoring an "alternate lifestyle"? Are you in the right party?

7:55 PM  
Blogger Ripsy said...

Vince, I said it was something funny that I read. Chill the fuck out.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Qualityservice44 said...

Ok, fine.
& when I said that you're a product of your state, I didn't mean that as an insult, just an observation.
I'm waiting for Granny to tell me what an asshole I am for writing such a partisan post. & looking forward to it.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Ripsy said...

Well, she wouldn't tell you were an asshole if you had other things to do.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Qualityservice44 said...

working 58 hrs. a week, see my kids on a regular basis, help run a condo complex...I don't think there's a problem with nothing else to do, but I guess everyone has their opinion.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Ripsy said...

I'm just saying it's a little creepy to be talking to college age girls on the interweb.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Qualityservice44 said...

creepy? it's not like I ever want to meet you. & if you ever felt that from my comments, I was kidding. Also, it seems a little superficial to assume I have nothing in common with you. Sometimes the problems you deal with may be the same problems you'll deal with later when your my age. That's not as implausible as it seems.
There's other people to comment to who read my blog or whom I talk to so if you think it's such a horrible problem (ie my comments)then let me know & I can act accordingly. Yet, it seems like we all benefit from comments made except the ones who comment solely to sell something. But, it's your call.

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home